Intrauterine insemination (or IUI) is a form of artificial insemination that is used for treating problems related to infertility.
In this process, cleansed and concentrated sperms are directly placed in the uterus by infertility doctors in Kolkata during the time one’s ovary discharges one or more eggs for fertilization. In initial times, this type of artificial insemination positioned the sperm in the vagina. Although it was less complicated, it was not quite successful as the current method.
Why is it done?
According to infertility doctors in Kolkata, a woman’s ability to conceive depends on a number of factors. Intrauterine insemination is used in couples who experience the following:
- Donor sperm:In case of women who require donor sperm for getting pregnant, IUI is the most effective method for achieving pregnancy. Frozen sperm samples are attained from certified labs and thawed prior to the IUI procedure.
- Unexplained infertility:IUI is frequently suggested as a first option for treating unexplained infertility along with the use of ovulation-inducing medicines.
- Endometriosis-related infertility:In case of infertility associated with endometriosis, IUI, along with certain medications meant for obtaining a high quality egg, is often the primary approach of treatment.
Intrauterine insemination is a fairly easy and safe process, and the possibility of complications is low. Some of the risks as mentioned by infertility doctors in Kolkata:
- There could be a minor risk of infection as a result of this process.
- At times, the procedure of positioning a catheter in one’s uterus could lead to a tiny amount of vaginal bleeding. This, however, does not affect the chances of pregnancy.