In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a complicated series of methods that is carried out in order to treat fertility or other genetic problems, and help in conceiving a child. In this process, mature eggs are acquired from one’s ovaries and fertilized with the help of a sperm in a lab. The fertilized eggs are then implanted in the uterus by infertility doctors in Kolkata. It takes around two weeks to complete a single cycle of IVF.
Why is it done?
IVF is a procedure mainly suggested by infertility doctors in Kolkata for treating infertility. It is also a major treatment for dealing with infertility in women above 40 years of age. It is also suggested in case of the following conditions:
- Fallopian tube blockage or damage:The blockage of this tube makes it complicated for the egg to get fertilized or may even obstruct the embryo’s path to the uterus.
- Ovulation disorders.In case of infrequent ovulation, very few eggs are present for fertilization.
- Premature ovarian failure: It refers to abnormality of ovarian function before the age of 40. If one’s ovaries fail, they do not have adequate eggs and neither generate usual amounts of the estrogen hormone.
According to infertility doctors in Kolkata, in vitro fertilization is not free from risks:
- Multiple births.IVF raises the danger of multiple births. This happens when more than one embryo are inserted in the uterus. A pregnancy involving numerous fetuses has a greater threat of early labor as well as low birth weight.
- Low birth weight and premature delivery: According to research, the use of IVF faintly raises the danger that the baby will be born prematurely, weighing less than normal.
- The miscarriage rate in women conceiving through IVF involving fresh embryos is similar to those who conceive naturally. This rate increases with age.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.