Pyelonephritis is a type of severe kidney infection. This disease can be life-threatening because it may cause some permanent damage to your kidney. If the infection persists, then it is considered chronic pyelonephritis, which is quite a rare disease to find. But this chronic pyelonephritis is found more in children and people who already have urinary obstructions, says a renowned urologist in Kolkata. If you have any kind of problem related to your urinary tract, visit Medithics now and stay updated about your urinary health.
If you have pyelonephritis, your symptoms will appear within 2 days, and the best urologist in Kolkata advises not to ignore those. The symptoms are as follows:
- You may have a high fever (greater than 102°F).
- Your urine may become cloudy and may have a fishy smell.
- You may have a burning sensation while urinating, or your urination may become painful.
- Sharp pain in the back, groin, side, or abdomen may be a source of discomfort.
- Blood or pus in the urine is also a very common symptom of pyelonephritis.
- You may always have an urge to urinate.
- A vomiting tendency along with nausea can also be observed.
- Fatigue or weakness is also a symptom.
- You may always feel ill or suffer from general aching.
- In most cases, older adults with pyelonephritis suffer from mental confusion, and this may also be the only symptom for exceptional cases.
All these symptoms are quite common, and none of these signs should be neglected as those may cause more serious issues later. So, you must visit a urologist as early as possible. Visit Medithics, where you will be able to make an appointment with the best urologists in Kolkata.
First, when you visit a doctor and say about your symptoms, he/ she might ask you to get a urine test done if he/ she suspects it’s an issue related to kidney infection. A urologist may also ask you to get imaging tests done, such as a CT scan, if you do not respond to the treatment. A radioactive imaging test named dimercaptosuccinic acid test (DMSA)can also be an option that your doctor may give you if he/ she suspects that your pyelonephritis has caused some scarring.
The best urologist in Kolkata will prescribe you a course of antibiotics depending upon the intensity of your infection and the bacteria. If the antibiotics do not work, you may be advised to get admitted to a hospital for further treatment. In emergency cases, your urologist may also ask you to opt for surgical treatment.