What are arrhythmias?
If your electrical impulses stop working properly, it affects your heartbeat; these types of conditions are known as heart rhythm problems or heart arrhythmias. When these kinds of conditions occur, your electrical impulses can’t coordinate your heartbeats in a proper and accurate manner. As a result, your heart either beats too fast or too slow in an irregular way. The best cardiologist in Kolkata says that heart arrhythmias may make you feel like a racing heart but may remain harmless. But consulting a cardiologist becomes mandatory because heart arrhythmias may become extremely serious an issue and maybe life-threatening too. Visit Medithics and remain updated about your heart and its condition. A heart-healthy lifestyle can reduce the risk of getting heart arrhythmias even if you have a damaged or weak heart. A normal heart has a rate of 60 to 100 beats every minute.
Top cardiologists in Kolkata classify arrhythmias based on the speed of heart rate and their origin, as in where they have started.
- Tachycardia- In this case, your heart beats very fast. In this condition, your heart may beat more than 100 times in a minute.
- Bradycardia- If your heart beats less than 60 times in a minute, the condition is called bradycardia.
Don’t worry; if your heart suddenly beats faster or slower, it does not always mean that you have heart disease. Our hearts at times speed up when our tissues need more oxygen-rich blood, and during sleep time, our heart may beat slowly, and it is absolutely normal. But if it persists and causes you any other symptoms, you must visit Medithics and get your heart health checked by the best cardiologist in Kolkata.
- i) Atria and tachycardia: Tachycardias that take place in your artia may include-
- Atrial flutter
- Atrial fibrillation
- Supraventricular tachycardia
- Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome
- ii) Ventricles and tachycardia: Tachycardias that occur in your ventricles are as follows:
- Ventricular tachycardia
- Long QT syndrome
- Ventricular fibrillation
- Conduction block
- Sick sinus syndrome
- iv) Premature heartbeats
You may not have any signs or symptoms even if you have arrhythmias. In most cases, the best cardiologist in Kolkata finds arrhythmias in patients while doing their routine checkups. There are some noticeable symptoms that indicate that you must consult a cardiologist, and those must not be ignored. Those are as follows:
- Your heart may beat very slowly (bradycardia)
- You may have a racing heartbeat (tachycardia)
- Shortness of breath
- A sharp chest pain
- A fluttering sensation in your chest
- Sweating without a cause
- Fatigue, weakness, and dizziness
- You may faint
Visit Medithics and get your heart health checked and tested right now. Stay safe and stay healthy.