If you face a sudden and frequent urge to pass the urine, you may be suffering from an overactive bladder. This condition is also known as OAB. The urge to urinate at times is so intense that it may become difficult for you to control. People with overactive bladder may also suffer from unintentional loss of urine, which is known as urgency incontinence, says the best urologist in Kolkata associated with Medithics.
In most cases, people with overactive bladder alienate themselves from everyone to avoid embarrassment. They stop having a social life and do not feel like going to work too. But, the symptoms of overactive bladder mentioned below can be managed and channelized to stop embarrassing situations from occurring. Visit Medithics to opt for the best treatment and keep away any future embarrassment related to your overactive bladder.
Overactive bladder may cause such symptoms that can be embarrassing, and none of these should be ignored. Visit a top urologist in Kolkata as soon as you find any of these symptoms affecting your daily life. The symptoms are as follows:
- A sudden urge to urinate which becomes extremely difficult to control.
- Urgency incontinence may make your life miserable, as, in this condition, you may suffer from unintentional loss of urine. This may also occur right after you pass the urine due to urgency.
- Frequent urination may hamper your daily life and maybe the reason behind occurring embarrassing situations.
- You may have to pass the urine more than 8 times within 24 hours.
- You may also suffer from nocturia, and as a result, you may have interrupted sleep. In this condition, you may have to wake up twice or more during the night to urinate.
These symptoms must not be ignored as these may disrupt your normal life, says the best urologist in Kolkata, attached with Medithics, the famous super specialty clinic.
When your bladder muscles start contracting involuntarily, even if the urine volume is low, an overactive bladder occurs. These involuntary contractions are the main cause behind the urgent requirement of urination. Other conditions that cause overactive bladder are as follows:
- Neurological disorders like multiple sclerosis and stroke
- UTI (Urinary tract infections)
- Abnormalities in your bladder (stones or tumors)
- Constipation, enlarged prostate- these conditions obstruct the outflow of the bladder
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Caffeine abuse
- Medications that increase your urine production
- Incomplete emptying of your bladder
If you have any issue related to your bladder or urinary tract, do not ignore it and visit Medithics, where you can get the appointments of the best urologists in Kolkata.