In order to improve the flow of urine and prevent urinary pressure, the urologist suggests bladder neck incision. This procedure involves making a cut in the neck of the bladder for a larger opening. The urology doctor inserts a telescope through the urethra into the bladder neck to perform the procedure. This treatment helps a lot in resolving bladder symptoms like urine infection and blockage.
When there is a blockage at the mouth of the bladder, the smooth flow of urine is not possible. When urology doctors in Kolkata perform bladder neck incision, it helps to remove the blockage and there is a smooth flow of urine. The bladder gets weakened if you do not undergo proper treatment to solve this problem or delay the treatment. This may lead to many complications like urinary tract infections, kidney damage, lack of bladder control and bladder diverticula.
If the prostate becomes enlarged, it may be a major cause of bladder neck obstruction. It squeezes the urethra and prevents the smooth flow of urine. In men over age 50, bladder neck obstruction mostly happens, although it can also occur in women. If the bladder drops into the vagina due to a weakened vaginal wall, this condition generally occurs in women.
Another major cause of bladder neck obstruction is linked to a genetic flaw in the bladder structure, its connective tissues and the surrounding muscles. If one or more of the following symptoms are there, you should refer to a urologist in Kolkata.
- An Increase in urinary discharge
- Irregularity in urine output
- An increase in urinary urgency
- A feeling of fullness in the bladder
- Inability to control the need to urinate
- Pain in the pelvic area (common more in men than women)
The urologist can confirm whether a person is suffering from bladder neck obstruction or not only by specific tests and diagnosis. Some of these tests are:
- Video Urodynamics: The urologist uses ultrasound and X- to take detailed images of your bladder and evaluate the bladder function in this procedure. The bladder is filled with fluid after emptying it of urine. Then the urologist captures the images of the bladder.
- Cystoscopy: In this process, the urologist uses a long tube called cystoscope through the urethra into the bladder to look inside. The urethra is filled with liquid to get a better view during the procedure.
The urology doctor in Kolkata makes an incision in the bladder neck after you go to sleep under the effect of anaesthesia. Then the urologist inserts a resectoscope that has a camera and light attached to it through the bladder. The incision in the bladder neck is made with the help of a cutting instrument attached to the resectoscope. This surgical procedure gives you relief from the pressure and other complications created from the blockage.